Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Friday, September 2, 2011

Today's Thrift Store find - Crochet Doll Clothes

Haven't been finding too much at the 
Thrift Store lately.  Today was a different 
story.  I decided to go when it first opened.
On the racks, I saw dolls dressed  in crocheted doll
clothes.  At first I thought, I didn't need any more
Blond Barbies or clones, but then the clothes were unique. 
I could always take the clothes off and get rid of the 
dolls.  So I put two in my cart and then went down
another aisle and there were a few more. 
Then I started looking more closely at the dolls. 
I realized some of these dolls were older Integrity Dolls. 
They were all over the store.  I wound up with twelve dolls.
I am only going to post pictures of one of the dolls and will
try to do a video of the others. 
Oriental type of outfit 
All the clothes are removable.  Who ever made
these put snaps on the clothes.
Underneath are a pair of crocheted black pants. 
The sandals reminded me that my fellow 
doll bloggers have been talking about the 
sandals that another doll blogger makes.
makes sandals for her dolls using other materials. 
From what I hear she is going to have a tutorial 
on her blog on how she makes her sandals sometime 
in September.  Check out the other tutorials on 
her site.  They are wonderful.  Clear, precise 
directions. 
The link again is:

Side view of sandals 
Bottom view of sandals. 
The person who made the sandals glued them 
to Barbie's feet.  Have to try and remove them. 
If you know how to crochet, these sandals look 
easy enough to make.

Question: Does anyone crochet?  I was wondering if I could 
hand wash the clothes and dry them flat.  The woman used crochet thread to make 
the clothes. 

Hopefully will work on the video this weekend to show the other 
outfits and dolls I bought today. 


5 comments:

  1. Great find at the thrift store. I love going to them. You just never know what you are going to find. Thanks for sharing you find. Looking forward to seeing you video of the other dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chynadoll, you never know what you will find on your trips to the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the other outfits. You should be able to handwash those with no problem.
    Fyi...it's limbe dolls. No r. Don't worry. I won't tell, if you won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vanessa, I changed it. Don't know what I was thinking when I first wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I went back and found this! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete