Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mattel's Vintage Spectra

No, This is not another Monster High post. 
This post is about Mattel's Vintage Spectra.
Spectra 
"Lacy - Spacey -Out -of-this-World"
Mattel 
1987 
Original Outfit 
Marked on head Mattel 1986
On back Mattel 
Made in Malaysia 
Same size as Barbie 
Jointed elbows and knees.
Normal head, metallic bodies.
Mattel produced this series of 5 dolls who came from
the Planet Shimmeron. 
There were 4 female dolls and 1 male doll 
Spectra also had a dog named Spark. 
This series of dolls only lasted 1 year. 

Thrift Store find.

3 comments:

  1. I can't say that I have ever heard of these dolls. You mean they jointed those metallic bodies and still won't articulate more of the current dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were out only for a year. But never made the big hit like Mattel thought they would. I now am focusing on finding dolls with articulation so I can re-body some of the dolls I like. Wish Spin-Master or Mattel would put out just articulated bodies with no heads for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! i had one of these and i pointed it out in a store in germany and my parents bought me it wow i never woulda thought id see it again lmao!!

    ReplyDelete