Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Friday, July 1, 2011

Dr. John and Lisa Littlechap

The Littlechap Family 
Lisa and Dr. John 
Remco 
1963
Made in Japan (not found on the dolls) 
The dolls are marked on their backs 
In a circle, the name of the doll
and Remco Industries 1963.
Lisa is 13 1/2 inches tall 
She has an extra black plastic piece on her head to keep her 
beehive hairdo in place. Also has a white streak in her hair.
John is 14 1/2 inches tall
These dolls have original Littlechap Family outfits. No shoes.
Lisa and John have two daughters, Judy who is 17
and Libby who is 10. 
From the internet (don't know if this is true or not)
they were supposed to resemble a Kennedy-Like Upper class family. 
(Kennedy was the US president at the time)
After the assassination of President Kennedy, the dolls were 
discontinued. 
The Littlechap Family was produced for one year. 
The basic dolls came with terrycloth wraps. 
John had a blue and white striped robe. 
Lisa had an orange and white wrap. 
On the box it says:
Fresh from the shower 
I am (whichever doll) 
Ready to be dressed.
Most likely an advertising gimmick to buy the extra outfits. 
I also found Judy and Libby, but they didn't come with clothes. 
Need to find something presentable. 
Thrift Store find.
(Never expected to find these dolls at the Thrift Store. When I first picked up Lisa,
I thought she was a larger size generic doll. But a few minutes later I realized who 
she was.  So the hunt began, I found Dr, John, 2 Libby dolls and 3 Judy Dolls, but 
alas no extra clothes)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Miss Spotty Jane. I couldn't believe it when I saw them. Every once in a while I find something like this.

    ReplyDelete