Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Need Help in Identifying

Went to the Thrift Store today. 
Found this neat looking car. 
It for a Cabbage Patch Doll - Small Size. 
It is marked on the bottom. 
1984 Original Appalachian ArtWorks Inc. 
Manufactured for Coleco Industries 
Made in Spain 
Coleco filed for bankruptcy in 1988, so it could have
been introduced between 1984-1988.
It's 10 inches in length 
7 inches in height (up to the top of the windshield) 
7 inches in width 
I have a McDonald's/Madame Alexander doll to 
show size of  the CPK doll that used this car. 
If you turn the crank, the car moves slowly and
plays music. 
Missing hood ornament. Maybe other parts?
I have looked on the net, E-Bay and in different toy
catalogs from the 80's and have found nothing. 
If you know anything about this item or know someone
who may know something,  please leave a comment. 
Thanks in advance.
Thanks to Shelly I now know it is a
"Cabbage Patch Kids Musical Buggy".

9 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about it but it's cute. It reminds me of the Clampetts car. Interesting find

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It is unusual. I was surprised to find it still working after all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know what it is, but it is cute indeed. Great find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it is a mystery since I can't find any information
    on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there,

    There is a car like this one with a top on ebay right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelly, Thanks for the info, but I tried to search and nothing came up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked under coleco, Appalachian artworks, cabbage patch, nothing comes up.
    What search terms can I use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I went to ebay and used in the search box cabbage patch kids musical buggy. I also saw it on www.worthpoint.com

    Hope this helps. Sure is a cute little buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shelly, I found it. Now I know it is missing the canopy and it's exact name.

    ReplyDelete