Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Peanut Doll

Long before I was collecting fashion dolls, 
I started collecting vintage dolls from the 50's  and earlier.
I probably bought this doll at least 25 years ago. 
Inside the shell I kept the receipt that I paid 25.00 for it. 
I am almost positive, I got this item from an Antique Store. 

When you open the lid of the paper peanut, you will find 
a celluloid doll from either the 1920's or 30's. She is only 
about 3 inches tall, but arms and legs move. 
Celluloid is highly flammable. And fragile.  My kids while I was in the 
hospital took one of my celluloid dolls and put some heavier items on the arms. 
Arm was not strong, now in many pieces. :(  At least I am able to save the clothes 
that was on the doll.


6 comments:

  1. Oh no Frannie. So sorry to hear about your precious doll. I'm glad you are able to save the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad that one of them got busted, but it is such an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, Frannie. Those darn kids. She's a cutie. It took me a while to like Antique dolls, but once I did, I was able to see the beauty in the craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious cute! Sorry she got broken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Spain: I'm sorry. A pity. At least you have the clothes. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete