Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sleeping Forever?

Picked up this doll today at the Flea Market.  Her closed eyes intrigued me.  Thought she was an older Sleeping Beauty Barbie.  When I brought her home I took off her missed matched clothes. Yuck,  her legs had some kind of black stuff on them.  I was able to get it all off with a little water and a Magic Eraser sponge. I redressed her in a pink Barbie Labeled gown.  Also added some pink heels.  She is marked Mattel, made in China, so she was produced  sometime between 1986 and present time. On her neck she is marked Disney.  Her eyes are closed. They are a pale light blue which made me to believe she was the type of doll when you wiped them with ice water the eyes would look like they were open.  I tried but nothing happened. Either the magic is gone or she is waiting for her Prince Charming to kiss her.
UPDATE: Just found some new information.  In 1995 Mattel produced Slumber Party Barbie, Midge and Teresa. They were soft-bodied dolls which had the same type of eyes.  They open with cold water and close with warm water. So I am assuming that my Disney sleeping doll probably was produced the same year or one year later.

2 comments:

  1. The first mattel produced "Sleeping Beauty" was from 1991. She was part of the Disney Classics line which included Cinderella and Prince Charming, Belle and the Beast.
    Sleeping Beauty came with a reversible gown that changed from blue to pink and a little golden book.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the info! Appreciate it! Don't know much on Disney Dolls. I just wish Disney would put dates on their boxes. It would help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete