Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Madeline

Madeline, a character created by author Ludwig Bemelmans.  Madeline was modeled after the author's daughter Barbara.
Madeline in the white dress with black jacket is marked Eden Toys '89 and Madeline in the red dress is marked Learning Curve Intl. and Bem DIC  no date.
The red dress Madeline knees bend, the white dress Madeline does not. Both have appendicitis scars.
The Learning Curve doll has a twist and turn waist.  Both dolls are 8 inches tall.


Official Madeline website:  http://www.madeline.com/default.htm


1 comment:

  1. I have the older version Madeline dolls I purchased for my daughter in the 80's. I think they are more true to the character. I really had no idea they created the newer version. (which I don't care for)

    ReplyDelete