Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Monday, April 5, 2010

Vintage Ponytail Barbie

This is one of my best finds in the Thrift Store I frequent the most.  I found her sometime last year.  She was still in the cart waiting to be hung up.   I asked the worker if I could see her.  Since she was in a plastic bag, I assumed she was a reproduction Barbie.  I took her anyway.  When I got home I looked at her carefully.   She had the vintage Mattel mark on her bottom.  Nothing on her neck.  Japan on her foot. I still wasn't completely sure she was vintage.  I kept her in the Purple Label Barbie outfit that she came in, added a pair of white shoes. She was missing her pearl earrings but didn't mind since I probably would have taken them out to prevent green ear. It wasn't until today that I am now quite sure that I got a Vintage Ponytail No.6 Barbie.  While browsing some doll sites, I came across "Krista's Doll Restoration" page.  On her site, she has a section called Barbie by Year.  On that page it has descriptions as well as photos of Vintage Barbies.  As I was browsing thru the photos, there she was, a vintage Ponytail No. 6 with watermelon lips. I also found out that she came in a red jersey swimsuit and red open toe shoes.
Thanks Krista for all the information about Vintage Barbies.

Krista's Doll  Restorations: 
http://dollrestoration.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment