Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mermaid Barbie

Found Mermaid Barbie today at the Thrift Store along with a lot of other goodies.  She was the first Barbie Doll sold as a Mermaid.   First appeared in 1992.   Icy water makes rainbow colors in her hair, but I didn't try to see if it worked. I just happened to lift her ponytail and underneath is a braid which you can see the  red and blue streaks coming through.  She also has strands of that translucent type tinsel hair. When I took her out of the plastic bag they had her in, I was surprised to see the fantastic condition she was in.  Looks like she was never played with.   Missing her shoes, so I found a pair of white shoes for her. The only flaw I found was a piece of tape stuck to her back, when I took it off it left some glue residue. Also I have to remember to change the rubber band in her braid which is brittle.

1 comment:

  1. I have exactly the same doll!
    I got her from my oldest sister :)

    ReplyDelete