Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Friday, July 2, 2010

Today's Shopping Trip

There are many different ways I can take to get to the Thrift Store.  It usually depends what mood I am in or what else I have to do on the way.  Today was no exception, I had to go to the bank to deposit two checks I had before I lose them.  So to get to the Thrift Store I took the way past Toys R Us.  Was curious to see if they had gotten any of the new Barbie Basics 1.5 in. Went right to the Barbie Basic Display, at first I thought, no they didn't get any of them in yet.  Until I started moving the boxes, there she was.  No. 13..  The only one.  This had to be a sign that she was there just for me. 
Since I was already there I might as well see if there was anything on sale.  Some of the Barbie 50th anniversary repros were 25% off.   Passed those up.  There were still alot of them left.  So I went down the other doll aisle and saw that there was a two day promotion on Moxie dolls.  Buy one get the second one at 50% off.  Maybe, but something else caught my eye.  Something new.  Moxie Teenz.
 This is Melrose. Produced by MGA.  She is 14 inches tall.  Real eyelashes.  Interchangeable wigs, hundreds of poses.  There are 4 dolls so far in the series.  Besides Melrose, the other dolls are Tristen, Arizona, and Bijou.   Toys R Us didn't have Bijou. Also these weren't buy one get the second for 50% off.  You can see all of the dolls at Moxie Teenz  I thought why not buy one doll in this series, so if I found nothing at the Thrift Store at least I could say I had a good day.  Boy, was I wrong.  Found lots at the Thrift Store. On my way home I stopped at the deli to get lunch and happened to meet a newly retired co-worker.  She asked me if I would help her start selling on E-Bay.  Tomorrow I will pick her up, go over to the Thrift Store then back to her house to get her started.   Reminds me, I have to start selling on E-bay some of the other stuff I have accumulated this past year.  Need money to help support this doll addiction.

2 comments:

  1. That Barbie Basics has a cool dress.

    I wish Mattel would experiment with glass eyes on Barbie like MGA with their dolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Liv dolls also have glass eyes but no real eyelashes.

    I am surprised that Mattel hasn't tried that as yet.

    ReplyDelete