Meeting New Friends

Meeting New Friends
Jaxson, Cloe, and Sophina

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Find of the week

Had the day off on Friday, so I decided to take a quick run to see what I could find at the Thrift Store.  Dolls with outfits usually come 2 in a plastic bag and hung up on a hook.  I have a bad habit of just looking quickly whats in a bag and place it in my cart.  I thought this doll was a Barbie clone until I got home and took a closer look.  Marked Mattel, Philippines.  I had to look up when Barbies were made in the Philippines and found out it was between 1978 and 1988.  She looked like the Hawaiian doll I have seen before but there were a few Hawaiian Barbies made. First in 1975, then in 1978 there were two, a regular doll and a Superstar doll.  Then in 1983 Mattel made another Hawaiian Barbie.  I believe this Barbie is a Hawaiian Barbie from 1978 from the style of her hair.   She came in a blue and pink Barbie pink label top and pants. I dressed her in a swim suit for her photo.  You never know what you will find at the Thrift Store.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never knew they make that Barbie in our country. :)

    ReplyDelete